Lace up boots VS Side zip boots – What is the best?
Lace up boots VS Side zip boots
In this post I am going to talk about which is better Lace up boots or Side zip boots. This battle has been going on for some time. I have been asked to write this a give me verdict on the matter many times. So which is better Lace up boots or side zip boots?
Lace up boots VS Side zip boots – Battle
Many times I get asked “what do you prefer?” Lace up or side zip. Well I am going to go though the advantages and disadvantages of both and select my winner.
Lace up boots advantages –
- You can control how tight the boot is around your ankle. this is good as some people have smaller ankles than others
- Laces rarely get stuck.
- a Lace up boot has been around for a very long time as it is trusted.
- Laces can be repaired or replaced. It is cheap and easy to do.
Lace up boots disadvantages –
- Knots. Every one hates them. when after a long shift you want to take your boots off and a knot happens.
- Laces going. Even though they are easy to replace and cheap, it is still annoying.
- Longer to take off than a side zip boot.
- Less room to actually get your feet in to the boots.
Side zip boots advantages –
- Quickly do them up and get them on
- More room around the top of the boot
- You can take them off a bit quicker then lace up boots. This is great after a long shift.
Side Zip boots disadvantages –
- It may get stuck. It is a zip……
- Waterproofing can be a bit of an issue
- It may slide down and undo while on patrol
- The inside of the boot may get damage easily as you put them on
Lace up boots VS side zip boots – And the winner is…….
As you can see from the list. It is very hard to chose a out and out winner. There is not much in it at all. My winner is Lace up boots. The reason why I choose lace up boots over side zip boots is because a lace up boot is more reliable in all aspects. There is a slim chance a lace up boot will go wrong on you and even if it does it may only be little issue. If the zip on the side of the boot goes wrong then you will not be able to wear the boot properly and will not offer support of the ankle if you manage to bodge it. Lace up boots have also got an advantage on the speed front. A lot of boots have quick hooks which are better for the boot then a side zip and are just as quick to get on and off. This of course is my choice, you may have your own. If I wanted to get a boot that was easy on and off I would go for a lace up boot with a quick hook system.